15 August 2010

Update: Filming, Laundry Adventure, and Game Plan of Action

So I didn't mention it before, but all along Stapleton Hall Road, the more-main road where I'm staying off of, are these huge trucks with names relating to lighting and filming. I kept meaning to ask about it but then forgot. However, tonight I learned the truth! Or at least someone's opinion of it: apparently they are indeed filming something cinematic down that street. I heard it was "One Day," a movie coming out with Anne Hathaway. So who knows, you may see me as an extra carrying my groceries in the background!

Also, on Saturday when I was bringing my second piece of luggage over to Finsbury Park, I had an accident. Or rather, my new coat did. It was devastating. The first light-colored coat I have ever owned, and there it was, on the ground. It waited until the very last leg of the journey; literally, on the pathway to the door, right in front of the stairs. It fell off my bag and got rolled over. So now, of course, it is filthy. So I'm trying to wash it and see if that fixes the problem. I had to get a presentation on an English washing machine, though, and then there was a funny exchange that followed where I came back upstairs to verify that I had put the detergent in the right place, which left one girl confused and thinking I had removed the rubber washer that keeps all the water from spilling out. But everything should be fine...I'll find out in about 40 more minutes when I go down to get my things to hang up.

Third in the Title lineup: game plan! I head to Upper Street in Islington tomorrow to visit the many estate agencies that are along it and see what they have. If I get lucky, perhaps I can see some properties and get an idea of what house/apartment/flat hunting is really like. It's all a bit...adultish, you know? How exciting, indeed!

Lasty, Le boyfriend has brought it to my attention that my language is a bit lofty (his word, not mine) and somewhat snobbish (my word, not his). I'm not actually trying to be a snob. In my head it comes off as sort of funny...I think it narrates itself in a British accent. So...hopefully you find it amusing, that's how it's supposed to be. Maybe I can experiment with different styles and see what people respond to best. And just because having heard some of it read back to me, it sort of sounds like I'm a horrible person: I love children. I hope to have some of my own some day. And I know that children get antsy and cannot always sit still, and I'm actually quite forgiving of that. Really.

I swear I'm a nice, polite, moderately well-mannered American.

2 comments:

  1. I heard some rule mandating that if you *don't* use fancy Britspeak, you get your visa revoked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you're being that bad, and I'm your MOTHER.

    ReplyDelete